.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Saturday, May 05, 2007

My life's update

Hey all!!

What can I say? I have been so busy lately ... so busy I just haven't been able to post blogs or keep in touch with ANYONE (yep, my parents are starting to wonder if they actually do have a daughter or if I am just a (bitter) sweet memory/iilusion!!).

Well, I am now working on Onology (cancer) which so far as been ok ... the staff on this ward are so much nicer than before. I still have anxiety attacks & stress out but I have conquered the steep learning curve of Rotation 1. I know it won't all be down hill from here but I think I have learnt some coping methods which will make things easier to handle. I haven't lost a patient yet but it is only a matter of time ... pretty scary & I reckon I will be a bit of mess when it happens but it is one of those things a nurse needs to face. :p

My social life is kinda down the toilet but I am able to still do stuff ... not much but some. Michael & I took off randomly & saw Kris & Chris last week for a quick visit which was really nice!! :D I miss my college mates! :(

Actually, am planning on going paintballing at the end of this month! :D Wahoo!! :D Top three things on my list to do (eventually) is: paintballing, white water rafting (bit cold - may need to wait a bit) & suba diving (of course, it is handy that my b/f goes on a semi-regularly basis, huh?).

Stuff at church & cell is going well ... it can be hard because I don't always have work off on Sat morning & Wed evening but when I do get to go, I enjoy it! :D I will be in a play this coming weekend (nothing too exciting ... 3 lines, but it is a start ... and since I haven't acted in ages and ages, it will be a nice beginning!). And I may just be leading out at cell in the near future. :p

Driving is going well... got the hours but I just don't have the confidence or the experience ... but definiately working towards a licence. :D

May be going hiking in October!! I miss hiking!! So I am really excited!! Just need to get equipment!! :D Hiking!! Camping!! Wahoo!! :D I miss all that stuff so much! :D

Oh, and just because I can, Michael & I celebrated our 1 month anniversary yesterday!!! He brought me roses!! :D

Ok, sorry, just had to gush for 5 secs. It's ok. I have a grip on myself now! :D

Well, that's about all the news for the moment ... what can I say - I am becoming quite boring with working ALL the time!

Hope you are all going well & finding some time for yourselves! :D

Blue Nurse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home