.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Friday, February 16, 2007

50 1st dates

I just finished watching 50 1st Dates with Drew Barrymore & Adam Sadler. I am not a real great fan of either of these actors yet this movie touches me. Of course, it has some of the trade mark sillyness that is common in both of their type of film but this one has a depth to it that I really appreciate.

The story is about a one night stand only kinda guy falls for a girl who only remembers that day & basically "her slate is swiped clean at the end of each day" & she doesn't remember the guy anymore ... so he has to go to different lengths to reintroduce him to her EVERYDAY!!! And not just reintroduce her but also assist her to fall back in love with him.

This movie shows dedication to the extreme. I dunno if it is the nurse side of me coming through but I really appreciate people who can stick around & be supportive & care for you for the long haul. Esp. if you are sick or have a serious issue.

I think, this movie illustrates how meaningful love should be. I just wish everyone I know could have this type of dedication & love in their relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home