.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bloody pet peeves!!

Ok, normally, (I like to think all this is true) I am a easy with anything goes kinda person & I am up for anything (within reason, of course!) & I normally look on the bright side of life but right now I am feeling annoyed & frustrated ... so I thought I would share:

1) MYSPACE is not working!! I can log on & use it for the total of 30secs before it just randomly closes ... it doesn't matter if I am writing a comment, checking out a profile, updating my profile, or checking out photos ... it will close & I am so annoyed with it!! And I got to use Myspace for little while yesterday at a friend's place & myspace worked fine then ... so I reckon it is the dodgy connection or something in the dorm computers!!!! (

2) I hate having to live with people who are selfish, annoying, immature & loud! Ok, the last one I could live with if the person was my friend ... everyone should have the right to be loud in their own home ... at the right time and with consideration of others, of course!! This dorm is pretty big (it definiately looks like it from outside!) but out of all the huge building ... I have such a tiny room that only up to 3 people can fit comfortably ... as long as they are staying in the same place, don't mind being really close with each other & don't try to open the fridge or the closet! I just want to have my own place- complete with SPACE!!, my own kitchen, and maybe even a back yard so we could put up fairy lights & have dance parties out the back!! :D

3) I hate the fact I am working full-time now & whenever I do get time off, I am so exhausted recovering from work, that my social life is decreasing!! (ok, slight exaggeration ... but most of my friends are still away on college holidays or just don't live near me!)

4) I hate the fact that when I really want to chat to my parents ... It costs a future!! It is cheaper for me to call USA (on the other side of the bloody PACIFIC OCEAN!!) then for me to call the next island just north of Australia!! WTF!! I just don't think that is fair!! Just because PNG is a 3rd world country!!

5) I hate the fact I can't cook!! Again, I think it has something to do with the fact I don't have my own kitchen but honestly I really truly suck at cooking!! And I come from a family that are great cooks & hosts!!

6) I hate it when life isn't balanced!! Too much work, too much idolisation of either friends or family, too much shopping, too many movies, too much TV!

7) I hate the fact that I am making a "bloody pet peeves" list!! This is so NOT me!!

8) I hate the fact that I don't have a car - in the city of Sydney, public transport do not go everywhere & there are huge chucks of the city that I have not been able to see due to not having a car! It doesn't have to be a fanastic model or anything ... just reliable & economical!! is that too much to ask?

9) I hate the fact that society & church both insist that you will be happier if you are in a couple/ family ... advertising demands it, gocery shopping is so much cheaper if you are buying for a family, you are able to contribute more with a family, your kids can be involved in Pathfinders, your husband can be an elder, ... ever notice that there are never any single focused groups at church ... it all about being a big huge family made up of small HAPPY families!! What utter B.S.! Then people have the check to ask why there are so many miserable singles in the community or why so many young people are leaving the church? I mean, really! You apply so much pressure ... it really shouldn't be that much of a surprise, should it?

10) I hate the fact people get so wound up about having the latest phone, the latest clothes, the latest music, buy, buy, buy, spend, spend, spend, .... WHAT IS THE F###ING POINT? Do you really think that will make you happier? If you have a IPOD, A MP3 player, A USB stick, a Laptop, 50 pairs of shoes, $100s worth of makeup & hair products, the perfect tan, ... What does it really matter when people are DYING from: STARVATION!!! WAR!!! NATURAL DISASTERS!!! Where kids only have one outfit to wear (I am not making this up!) & when they go to wash it they have to either put it back on wet or go around naked! And I not just talking bout little 5yr olds ... I am talking about 18yr olds!! Where people feel weathy if they have more than two pots & have space in the backyard for a vege garden!! Where girls are gang raped again and again from soldiers of both sides of the war!!! Where the thing that matters is making through the day alive & surviving!! How the hell can we just throw our money away so carelessly? HOW!!?

P.S. I am aware that I have made some huge contradictions in this post ... wanting Myspace to work & wanting my own place & car vs. giving the world a talking to about spending too much money!! I do realise I have done that ... but at the moment I am in an irrational, pissed off mood!! This is me having a rant & rave!! :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky Daniel said...

i know it probably doesn't help much, but hang in there. i love you. and i totally know what you mean about wanting contradictions.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home