.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Saturday, April 21, 2007

He caught my eye ...

In the middle of a crowded room, I saw him.
Pretty good looking, a nice person, nice eyes
And before I knew it, our eyes meet & we were sharing a private joke across a crowded room

Now, before you start to overanalyse this situation & guess about my love life, just think of how familiar this situation is. I reckon everyone has managed to connect with somone else without needing to speak words ... even if the connection was not overly strong or lasted very long. But for some strange reason, I reckon we all crave it.

To connect with another peron... this is the purpose of life ... or at least a very big part of life.

Recently I have heard some cool 'connection' quotes that i thought I would share:

In the movie 'Before Sunrise' the main characters are discussing God & the chick reckons that God is in the attempt people make in trying to connect with another person ... the distance between two people is where God is at.

In the sequel, 'Before Sunset' the same girl states she would prefer to be alone than be lonely next to her lover.

Which is closely linked to the quote I hear in church today: Crowded lonliness ... having so many things happening in your life ... work, church, family, uni, community service, sport ... that practically you are running from one activity to the next with no real interaction between the different areas ... crowded lonliness ... no one goes through the journey with you & meets all the different areas & CARES enough about you to find out about the different areas.

And maybe it is because we crave for someone to care, that we become desperate for someone to notice us, to connect with us across a crowded room. Because we crave, we make silly mistakes, we ignore problems & cling to the ideal that someone cares when really they may not even know we exist.

It is sad but I reckon it is true. Now, I am not saying that we should become solely independent & try to forget this craving desire for someone to connect with us. To do this would be to try to kill a part of ourselves ... which a) would not be fun & b) not really solve anything. What I reckon we should do is be realistic ... even if someone does care ... you need to care in return ... actually that would be great start ... it can be surprising the number of people who start to care about your life when you start to care about theirs.

In the movie 'Frequency' a son is given another chance to live life with his dad ... to reconnect & rekinkle a relationship that at one stage was tragically cut short. It finishes beautifully with the true Blue American family (3 generations) playing a game of backyard baseball ... everyone happy & having fun!! And as beautiful as it is ... (& I will try to not let my cynical side point out some serious story plot mishaps), it doesn't happen. People are not given a second chance with loved ones who have passed away.

So, I guess my point is ... don't wait for the second chance that won't be coming ... do it right with the first chance ... try to bridge the connection gap with another person TODAY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home