.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Nothing

It's really strange the things you plan to do when you allocate yourself a week to do anything:
Go for walks
Visit the elderly
Take photos
Do spring cleaning
Make a couple of scrapbooks
Read a variety of books
Sleep
Get a haircut
Educate yourself
Write letters
File
Go shopping
Do all the important things that have been building up for the past three years that need to be done

And it is really strange the things that you end up doing in the allocated week:
Sleep in
Watch midday soapies/dramas ... hating every min!!
Eating junk food
Wearing the carpet out from the bedroom to bathroom to computer room and back
Getting "4 eyes" from watching too much TV & using the internet too much
Trying to convince yourself that making lists of things to do (tomorrow) means you are actually doing something (today)

Yes, maybe, just maybe, I should leave the dorm and discover the world that is out there in my local suburb ... or maybe I will go and watch the late night telly!

P.S. don't worry, pretty soon, I will be bitching bout my new job & all the work I have to do & the crazy shiftwork & dodgy patients etc. The world will have it's revenge ... I promise! :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

I really identify with this... The disparity between our goals and our actions is quite often depressing. Yet, I have hope. We recognize the problem at least.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home