.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My life's update!

Well, a lot has happened since my last post ... a lot!! I will try to be quick! :D

- I got a boyfriend ... his name is Michael & he is FANASTIC!! :D We celebrated our 5th month anniversary the other week (yep, it really is that long since I last posted!). Michael is really smart -- he has to be an engineer (or studying to be one, anyway) :D You can check out photos of my man at myspace site! :D

- I got my driver's licence ... it only took two tries and I really really love driving ... it was so scary driving by myself when I first did it! :D

- I have a car - a beautiful Toyota Corolla '91 hatchback, 5 door that has been looked after so very well & I got a really good deal on it from a friend from church :D I have named this beautiful car Jessie Peanut - in memory of the last owner & because it is cute like the peanuts that I love! :D

- I have joined Karate (Michael is a Red belt & his sister, Liesl is the sensai - teacher) and am a White bealt with a yellow tip ... it is lots of fun ... even went in my first tourament & competed against 40+ females that were 2 belts higher than me ... because all other white and yellow belts my age were chicken!! :D

- I have joined Latino Dancing lessons ... a group of us go once a week and I love it ... the timing catches me out some times but I love dancing. And Latino style is so sexy :D Learn a bit of Salsa and other great great sexy dancing! :D

- I am trying to be more involved at church ... have helped out at a garage sale, a couple of youth social events & will be hosting my very own social event at my house in roughly a month's time ... 70s night with great food, games, & prizes for the best dressed!! :D

- My New Grad program is almost over ... 4 months to go!!! :( It is really scary!! Now I really have to figure out what I want to do with my life!! I have worked in a Surgical ward - neurosurgery (ah, no!), Medical ward - oncology (ah, no!), and Cardiac Cath Lab (ah no!) and will be going to Day Surgery in a month's time! Basically, I have learnt tons and tons this past year but have not found my deep desire and passion for a particular area of nursing!! It is kinda depressing!! All I know is that I don't want to work weekends ... I can't stand shift work and I would prefer if my patients were long term patients but then I also am kinda interested in the whole triage nursing and helping out in emergency situations!! And I am kinda interested in mental health, sexual health, aged care ... Ahhh!! What is kinda frustrating is that I need to find a job in my current hospital for just one for year because I had a two year scholarship!! And I have no deep desire to go anyway ... I am just looking for a job that challenges me, is interesting, doesn't have shiftwork, has a great supportive team, and I don't have to be locked into it for my entire life!! I am even thinking of going back to uni ... but to study what ... I have no idea!! This past year I have just cancelled out things more than pick something I love ... it is going to be a slow process ... with at least 70 different jobs avaliable in nursing, I can assure you that this will not be the last time i will complain about this! :D

- I have been to Melbourne for Bonnie's mum's wedding & Michael meet majority of my melbourne friends & life :D Lots of fun!! :D Awesome roadtrip home!! :D

- My folks came to visit which was awesome!! :D Didn't see them as much as I normally do as i had work commitments but it was still great!

- Went to Canberra for an Adventist Students Society event ... very cold but got to dress up at a Snow Ball which was lots of fun!! :D It was a fun weekend & got to meet lots of Michael's friends from SASS :D

- Will be going hiking in a few weeks with the church pathfinders .... my first time hiking in 4 or 5 yrs!! Hope I can still read a map!! but it should be fun!! :D

- I have been a bit sick lately ... I think in total I have been sick three times in the past two months!! I am sick at the moment ... I have lost my voice ... today is the 4th day in a row, that my voice is missing!! I normally enjoy how strange my voice sounds but 4 days is total crap!! :( I don't know what is up with me ... maybe it is the cold house I live in, or the fact work is really crap and I don't like it and this is my body's way of telling that stress is not healthy, or maybe I am just not eating well enough! i just don't know! :(

- Oh, and I moved out of the dorms into a cold house :D Nice walking distance to work, and pretty spacious ... pretty cold housemates on the whole ... a few household maintenance things to do ... Kylie and I had so much fun decorating & Michael has been a fanastic handy man and has taught me how to fix concrete stairs & install sensor solar lights etc. :D (Did I mention that my boyfriend is fanastic!?)

And I would say that is about it ... my life is going pretty well at the moment ... it is just my health and my work that is a bit worrying :P Catch ya later

3 Comments:

Blogger Della said...

Welcome back to blogging!

Sounds like your life's going uber-well. Nice :D Keep smiling!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Becky Daniel said...

hey sweetie! i know you're busy, so post something short to show that you're alive. :)

1:09 PM  
Blogger blue nurse said...

Was reading through old blogs & can't believe the no. of spelling mistakes I have made. Or written things I didn't mean like that e.g. I meant I had pretty cool housemates not cold ones!! :) Shaz

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home