.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Monday, August 28, 2006

Overwhelmed!

So, our teacher stood up this morning and said "remember at the beginning of the semester I said I would give you 3 ethics exam questions and you could prepare for them and then I would give you two of those 3 questions in the actual exam ... and I would give you those questions roughly 3 weeks before exams? Well, today I am giving you those questions!"

Oh my goodness!! I am just feeling ever so slightly overwhelmed!!

I have a 2000 word essay on pain and anxiety in ICU due today
I have a 2500 word essay on eye care in ICU due on Friday
I am going away for the shortest but craziest roadtrip of all time this weekend
I have a 2500 word essay on organ transplants and the black market due soon after returning
I have a tutorial on hunger strikes in detention centres due a week later
I have a job interveiw (maybe two in that week)
I have 2 EXAMS!
I have a week of clinical at a sexual health clinic that still hasn't been approved
I am going home - need to organise a week of clinical up there too - still waiting on pp to get back to me
I get back and have three weeks of clinical on the cancer ward
I have a week at a HIV clinic - which still needs to be approved
Roughly 5 assignments talking about my clinical experiences
One week before grad
Somewhere in all that there is JAC banquet, grad banquet, visiting mates at Avondale, a beach day, celebrating the end with Yo and Kylie (a gun range visit would be awesome but most likely it will be the movies!) etc.
Then grad will be crazy- gowns, vespers, S.S., church, family, photos, saying goodbye, getting pp to write in my book, President's dinner, grad, pinic lunch ...
And then I will sleep ... before traveling to USA for a month .... which will be fanasitc and I still have to organise/book ... complications due to a wedding I had planned to go to before hand and things are just not working out!! ARGH!!

Basically, there is so much to do ... and i feel I don't have enough time to actually think ... for example about the some interesting questions that would put forward in Ethics this morning:
- is abortion acceptable at any time?
-when does life actually start?
- how is it possible for everyone to have equal access to healthcare when there is no such thing as a "bottomless pit"?
- how do you support a patient who wants to travel overseas to buy an organ off the black market?

Basically, life is crazy and I feel I am only holding on by a thread! :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Della said...

Although it's crazy, I'm sure you can do it! Go Shaz!!! *waves pom poms*

Good luck with everything!

:D

8:29 PM  
Blogger Key to Happiness said...

I am Michelle's mom. I will pray for you. I remember those wildly frantic college days. Remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me."

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home