.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Saturday, August 12, 2006

How much do your keys tell about you?

Ok, so I was just thinking about my keys (yeah, do it all the time ... it is so cool ... u should try it sometime! lol!) and I was thinking that they actually tell a lot about someone. Let me show you:

On my set of keys:
1) (And no, this is not in any particular order!)
A name tag - with my photo (you know what i look like - glasses, blonde, teeth - in a nutshell!), my job (what I do - assistant in nursing), my name (Sharona Thiele), the name of the hospital I work in (SAN), and on the back of it is a security swipe (for random but cool things throughout the hospital like staff rooms, kitchettes on the ward, etc.) and my library access sticker (as i am a member due to being a student at the SAN School of Nursing - ok, the second half you may not have picked up from the tag)
2)A key tag for the Australian Red Cross Blood Service Donor in the shape of Australia and it has A+ on the back (so, you even know what my blood type is!!)
3)A tag (didn't realise I had so many tags) for the United Nations High Commission for Reguees (UNHCR) The UN Refugee Agency Emergency Response Team in the shape of a circle. I think these guys are awesome and one day I would love to work with them - helping people who have lost EVERYTHING would be so rewarding!! Ok, so, you wouldn't pick up half of that from just looking at my keys but you would pick up some of it! :D
4) A tag (another one!!) that says "I'm very flexible I can put both feet in my mouth" And I guess from just looking at that you can tell that I tend you dig holes but I can laugh at myself (to a certain extend, I admit!)
5) A clip (ok, I honestly have no idea what you call it!). It clips onto your clothes and you can pull your keys out to swap the security card and they will spring back after you have finished using your keys. It has the SAN logo on it and I guess it doesn't really tell you much more information except reassure you that I do actually work at the SAN. I guess if you want to overanalyse you could say that because I have so many keys and the clip thing doesn't actually work due to the weight of all the keys - this is symbolic of me overloading myself with too much but thinking that I can do but really I can't. But I think that is just coincidence!! :D
6) A mini ruler and pencil. You can't tell anything from this. U can assume that it is of sentimental worth and that i am a sentimental person ... and that assumption would be correct! :D I was given this in my final year of highschool by my houseparents along with other notes and "Keep going, the end is near, keep breathing" stuff. It was very sweet!
7)Some string - there used to be a mini pen attached to it with the SAN logo on it but it broke and I have been too lazy to remove it. I guess you could assume that I can be lazy and that would be a correct assumption again! :D
8)A purple key - I have the key to a mate's flat but you wouldn't know that unless I told you. You could assume I like the colour purple and that would be correct but it actually has nothing to do with the key ... as my mate gave it to me and I didn't pick out the colour or anything!
9)A silver key - with a number on it - it actually is my room key but u wouldn't know that unless I told you yet again! But you could easily assume that I live somewhere and that would be CORRECT!!!
10)Three other silver keys - all different shapes and sizes. You can assume nothing really from them except they allow me access to somewhere. They actually are my Resident Assistant keys.

See, wow! Look at how much my set of keys just told you!! Impressive, huh?

So, how much do your keys tell about you?

:D

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonja said...

Well...

Set 1:
1. Car keys - yes.. i drive a toyota and have a spare nissan key!
2. Miniture spurr - yes, i'm into horses
3. Union shopper motor market - came with the toyota key, too lazy to remove it!

Set 2:
1. 2 keys - house and mailbox key, although u woudn't be able to tell
2. Light - battery is dead tho... (hmm, lazy??)
3. one of those name and meaning key rings, altho my name is spelt wrong.
4 a "S" key ring, yep.. name starts with a "S"..

Hmm, probably a good thing i removed the old key to the house which we no longer own and the car key to the car we no longer own... wonder what that would say about me... lol

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home