.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Miracles

So, yeah ... I have been in a week of hell ... it isn't over either ... which sucks BIG TIME!

But I have also been honoured to be witnesses to great things that have happened recently .. they are small but I think of them as miracles. (And yes, I do realise I am making a list YET AGAIN!)

- a mother's hug, stroking her son's back and pushing his hair out of his eyes, promising to tuck him in bed at night
- friends sharing chocolate and hot milo
- hearing people state openly they are "2nd chancers" - Jesus gave them more than one 2nd chance
- a friend giving another one a lolly pop to encourage to continue studying for exams
- friends going out for dinner to just celebrate just being friends
- the warmth of a family's home
- volunteering to help others
- tickets arriving for trips overseas
- new relationships arising along the horizon across campus
- songs
- keeping in contact with old friends
- having the body function of being able to cry
- spending Sabbath with friends
- last minute planned weekends away
- love and attention to each other, of a couple just starting out
- ready food that does not require preparation or wash up
- free internet
- being spontanous
- love
- sleep
- life

Hope you are surviving life and remembering to stop to smell the roses and/or witness the miracles!! :D God bless!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonja said...

Awww, that is awesome :oD

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home