.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Thursday, August 10, 2006

So sad!

I just heard about London ... that's so sad. In case you didn't know, Heathrow airport has basically closed down temporarily due to security finding bombs on 20 different passenger planes. They have arrested roughly 20 pp over it. Scary!

It is sad ... I mean, it would have been a lot sadder if the bombs hadn't been caught ... but it is just sad that all this is happening.

There must be logic behind it ... that I am a strong believer in. But what it is, I don't know.

I know many Americans wouldn't appreciate this comment but in some ways I can understand why USA isn't liked ... but London isn't America. London, and the rest of Europe do realise there is a world outside them and they seem to be very multi-cultural to me (of course, I live in Australia - the workings of London are well, on the other side of the world so yeah, I admit to being ignorant but I am just stating how things appear to me - don't take it as fact, pls!)

So, why bomb London?

Is it a backdoor into USA? Many flights go from London to USA ... is it a method of scaring USA and the rest of the world by using a backdoor?

Who knows?

I just hope:
- that people would stop with the whole bomb thing - the fashion just isn't cool, ok?
- that people don't live in constant fear - the fear of what could happen (but what may not actually happen)
- that this doesn't allow for more abuse of people ... you know ... the ones who disappear (like something out of George Orwell's "1984"), the ones who are Below the Radar, the ones that the CIA sneak onto planes and remove from public eye and abuse and torture ... because the person COULD be a threat but there actually is no evidence

(And yes, I do realise the CIA isn't from London! But what if London follows in USA/CIA's footsteps? I pray to God that doesn't happen!)

I just hope for World Peace
For both the ignorant and the angry
For both the comfortable and the ignored
For both the scared and the fighter
For everyone

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonja said...

Hey! Good to see you posting!

The thing in London is pretty scary and sad... passangers are only allowed to take money and flight related documents on board at the moment - insane! No water or fluids allowed! Everything else is checked in, i know i'd freak out if they made me to that!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Ida said...

Just because the american govertment behave badly and invades countries without reasons dosn't mean that the terrorists are allowed to hurt and kill innocent people. Most americans are alright.

9:29 AM  
Blogger blue nurse said...

Hi Ida
Yeah, I do realise that most americans are alright - I mean, some of my best friends are American. And I am actually flying to USA at Christmas. And I do realise that some of the people that do get arrested are actually dangerous to society. Bit of huge generalisations, huh? I just wish there weren't any terroists and there weren't any behind the scenes dodgy by any government. But some things just don't happen :(

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home