.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

blue nurse

A random blog which informs about my life's events, strange insights and the occasion complaint ... if you can handle all that, then maybe we can talk about becoming friends

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am a registered nurse, living in Sydney, about to begin my first year of real work. I grew up around the Pacific and have friends from various parts of the world ... mainly AUS, PNG, & USA. Recently I fell in love with travel and would love to do more. I think it would be awesome to have friends in every country and really get to know the locals therefore having a more indepth experience of the culture than just being an average tourist. I have a passion for education, stopping poverty, caring for the elderly, and the freedom for people to have alternative lifestyles. It would be a mad experience to work with the United Nations, Amnesty International or a likewise organisation to help eliminate poverty - I know, I know, bit of a Bleeding Heart and all that ... but I like it. :)

Monday, August 07, 2006

How do I describe what I just saw?

Well, today I was in theatre and it was cool! Actually, it was really really cold! But apart from the temperature I enjoyed it tons! :D

Now, I was in the Plastics theatre and saw a face lift and a tummy tuck. Basically, I love anything that is blood and guts. I enjoy the cutting and the sucturing. I am strange, I know. I may do some theatre work one day but I love the interaction of the patients so much that most likely not! Anyway, waht I saw is so hard to describe!

Basicaly, the lady was having a post baby tummy tuck. So, all taht is really involved is the pulling down of the skin and stretching it and then sewing, right? WRONG!! What about the belly button?

What the drs did was cut the skin and the fat layer from the rest of the body - roughly half a circle and pulled back the skin. But before they pulled the skin back too far they cut around the belly button. Just disconnected the belly button from the skin and fat layers - it was still attached through nerves etc. And they they pulled the skin back and the belly button was actually inside - under the skin and fat layers!! DUDE!! :D

Anyway, they pulled the skin down, stretched it, cut it and went to stitch it. But before they could do the real stitching they had to cut a hole and pull the belly button through and stitch that up!!!! DUDE!! Then they did stitching and sucturing blood before finishing up!!!

My goodness!! It was an adventure and YES!! We have free pizza tonight and I am straving!! Something about tummy tucks just gets me hungry!!! :D

Enjoy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home